Pages

Friday, April 22, 2016

LEPIN 05006 STAR WNRS Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle Review

Hmm, this is most likely my final review for the bootleg Star Wars series. My supplier can't get hold of the Sith Infiltrator and First Order Transporter anymore so I don't think I'll spend a bomb to buy them elsewhere. I'm not planning to purchase and assemble the same set for different brands due to budget constraints. But I might change my mind depending on situation though. But I'll rather save up to buy the Decool UCS Tumbler and review it! Refer to the picture below. I'm pretty sure it's not the original picture but wow, 1869 pieces is...COOL!


Okay, back to the topic. Today I'll be reviewing the LEPIN 05006 STAR WNRS Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle which is the Lego 75104 Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle clone. As usual, box comparison pictures below. As you can see again, similar as usual.

Original Lego 75104

LEPIN Box (Front)

LEPIN Box (Back)

This set is not easy to assemble because of the usual not-very-organized bricks packaging. The similar color bricks did not help either. Let's look at the bricks packaging.


Now, let's start assembling! Warning : Picture heavy!











You can extend and retract the wings. Refer to my animated GIF of the process below. Cool eh?


So, what's the verdict? If you looks closely at my animated GIF above, you will notice the wings doesn't snap back properly after you retract it. I had to use my hands to manually readjust it. So, that's the first flaw. Second, you will notice there's a ladder below the command shuttle for Kylo Ren to walk out from. The ladder sometimes go in to deep and it's a bit tough to pull it out unless you have long finger nails. Thirdly, you guess it...it's the spring shooter again! It just doesn't work! Why can't LEPIN get it right like LELE??? Apart from that, I don't think there are any noticeable flaws. 

And how can I forget, the 360 degrees view! Due to the towering height of the command shuttle, I had some issues trying to get a perfect photo. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed my little review.



THIS BLOG claims no credit for any images posted on this site unless otherwise noted. Images on this blog are copyright to its respectful owners. If there is an image appearing on this blog that belongs to you and do not wish for it appear on this site, please E-mail zu_yong@hotmail.com with a link to said image and it will be promptly removed.




1 comment:

  1. Cool Review! its huge! Love the folding mechanism too.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Templates