Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2016

LEPIN NINJAG 06020 Final Flight of Destiny's Bounty Review


I'll be reviewing the bootleg version of the Lego Ninjago series this time. I have always been a sucker for ships and buildings so this time I got myself a huge ship - the Destiny's Bounty. Okay, since I don't follow the Lego Ninjago cartoon series, I had to do some homework on Google a bit. Apparently, the version of the ship I bought was the second version @ Destiny's Bounty 2.0. The first version was destroyed but was eventually rebuilt again. The first version can only sail in the sea but the version is able to fly. Refer to the first version bootleg released by BELA below. I might get one if I can still find it.


Now, the usual box comparison. As usual, the box packaging is identical and LEPIN's brick packaging is horrible as usual - unnumbered random packaging.

Original LEGO 70738

LEPIN Box (Front)

LEPIN Box (Back)

Bricks Packaging

Let's start assembling! 








I thought it will tough assembling this ship since the bricks packaging are random but thanks to the different color bricks used in this set, I was able to spot my pieces rather quickly. 

Now, the verdict. I'll rate it at 9 out of 10. No missing bricks and the mini figures quality are good. The sail can be opened and closed using the lever near the mast, and you can pull out the cannon at the back of the ship which moves the "rudder?" too (refer to animated GIFs below). Hate the bricks packaging as usual. The color of the bricks aren't that good too; it looks a bit faded (cloudy?) in my opinion. Apart from that, I have no other complaints.

I do not have the 360 degrees panorama view for this set; I'll probably do it after getting a proper camera. Also take note that I did not take pictures of the dragon, mini figures and also the detachable bike that is slotted behind the ship. I'll attach the pictures from another site for your reference.




My next review would be for the older LEPIN Star Wars set - Sith Infiltrator and Resistance Troop Transporter. I know I know, no one wants them and it's near impossible to get them now. I just got mine from Taobao yesterday so I'll bricking it later. I am also placing an order for the LEPIN First Order Transporter. I'm guessing it will only arrive in 2 weeks time which hopefully is the same time I get my LEPIN Ghostbusters HQ and Brick Bank. Yay for June! Lotsa bricking activity!

THIS BLOG claims no credit for any images posted on this site unless otherwise noted. Images on this blog are copyright to its respectful owners. If there is an image appearing on this blog that belongs to you and do not wish for it appear on this site, please E-mail zu_yong@hotmail.com with a link to said image and it will be promptly removed.



   

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates